Keeping You Informed
At Elkton Gas, we are actively monitoring the Coronavirus that is impacting our service territory. We are committed to keeping you informed during this ongoing situation, so we encourage you to bookmark this page to easily access updates.
We’re committed to helping during this difficult time. We have resources available for residential and business customers who are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Be aware of scams. To protect Elkton Gas customers you will never be asked for immediate payment with a prepaid cash card over the phone or in person. Be aware of suspicious type calls and report any concerns to us
CYBER SECURITY ALERT. PROTECT YOURSELF! Be vigilant on the internet and with emails, practice these self-protection measures in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic. For reliable updates and to learn more about cyber security visit: https://www.cisa.gov/coronavirus and https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0074-giving-charity
Important UpdatesA Message from Chesapeake Utilities Corporation President and CEO Jeff Householder Chesapeake Utilities Corporation Donating $200,000 to Support Communities During Coronavirus Response » Read a letter from Chesapeake Utilities Corporation President and CEO Jeff Householder »What to Expect – In-home Utility Related Service »
The following national and state government resources provide the latest information on the Coronavirus pandemic, including steps you can take to remain healthy.
Centers for Disease Control:
Coronavirus Resources from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
World Health Organization:
Coronavirus Information from the World Health Organization
BILL PAY OPTIONS
Elkton Gas provides our customers with several convenient payment options:
- Pay by Mail: P.O. Box 826531, Philadelphia, PA 19182-6531. Mail either a check or money order with your account number written on either form of payment, along with the lower portion of your bill. Please do not send cash. There are no fees when you use this process.
- Western Union (WU) Payment APP: WU also offers a convenient payment application for your smart phone. Simply download the application and you can pay as you go. There are no fees with this selection.
- Western Union: Take advantage of weekend and evening payment options. Please visit westernunion.com and click on ‘Find Locations’ on the upper tool bar. There are no fees with this selection.
- Retail Cash Payments: Chesapeake has a network of authorized payment locations that may be convenient for you. Please visit one of the EZ-PAY sites and select the Make a One-Time Payment option. After you enter your account number, select the Cash option. Next, enter your zip code to find an authorized retailer’s location nearest you. A payment slip will be generated with a special bar code. Present this barcode, via mobile or printed slip, to the retailer to scan. You will receive an email or text confirmation of your payment.
- Online Payment: Log in https://chpk.com/bill-pay/.
- Pay by Phone: Payments can be made by phone 24/7, in English or Spanish, by calling Kubra EZ-Pay at 1.833.77EZPAY (1.833.773.9729) Fees will apply. You may also dial Customer Service at 1.866.281.6483 and follow the prompts to pay your bill.
- EZ-BILLING: Pay with your checking or savings account for free. By enrolling in EZ-BILLING, you can view bills and payment history, setup Auto Pay, configure email and text notification and eliminate the need to write checks or travel to any of our authorized payment locations to pay your bill. If you are interested in EZ-BILLING, please visit elktongas.com, click on "Sign into EZ-BILLING" and follow the instructions to register.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our top priority is to continue to provide safe and reliable energy with excellent customer service.
What steps is the company taking to ensure the safety of their customers and employees from the Coronavirus?
In light of the growing concern with the spread of the Coronavirus, we have activated our company-wide Pandemic Response Plan, which includes:
- Following the guidance and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local government and health authorities and relevant industry agencies.
- Identifying critical functions to minimize service interruptions.
- Identifying key employees to keep critical functions operating.
- Addressing critical supplies, parts and inventory.
- Reducing non-essential travel.
- Limiting large gatherings of employees.
Are any steps being taken to assist customers during this potential financial hardship?
We can connect customers with social service organizations that are prepared to assist with financial programs. Customers may also apply for grants offered through our SHARING Program by contacting local Energy Assistance Offices or visiting https://chesapeakesharing.com. This program offers several grants (including a COVID-19 grant) that can help pay consumers’ gas bills. Assistance is also available through local, state and federal agencies by calling 211.
What safety measures is the company taking to ensure the technicians entering my home or business are not contagious?
The health, wellness and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. Our field employees are following rigid safety precautions to protect themselves and our customers. These include hand washing and sanitizing, wearing gloves, maintaining a six feet distance between themselves and others, avoiding handshaking, and avoiding contact with hard surfaces, such as tables and doors.
Why did the company decide to close the walk-in center?
The health, wellness and safety of our employees and customers is our top priority. In an effort to keep our customers and employees safe, we have made the decision to permanently close customer access to any of our offices.
Can we get the convenience fee waived if we pay online?
We now offer our customers several convenient payment options such as paying a bill via EZ-BILLING. The service is free when paying with your checking or savings account.
Do I still have to pay my current bill?
Yes, however we understand this is a difficult time for many of our customers. If you need assistance with paying your bill, please contact us for available payment options.
Will we still be receiving monthly bills with the office closed?
Your meter will still be read and usage will be invoiced according to your regular billing schedule. If you need assistance with paying your bill, please contact us for available payment options.
What happens if I have a gas emergency?
Our customer’s safety is our first priority. We will continue to respond to natural gas and carbon monoxide emergencies. Our technicians will be taking extra precautions if they need to enter your home. Some examples of the extra precautions are, observing social distancing, not shaking hands, asking you or another member of your household to wait in another room while they are working. These precautions are taken in an overabundance of caution to ensure both your safety and the safety of our technicians.
I usually make my payment in the office. How easy is it to use your online payment method?
Visit our website and locate the “Pay with EZ-Pay”, “Pay with EZ-Billing”, or “Manage My Account” buttons. Follow the prompts to set up an account profile. If at any time you have a question or would like assistance, please, call us and a Customer Care Representative will be happy to help walk you through the set-up process or provide you information about our other available options.
We know the stress of the Coronavirus crisis is a lot to handle, but it’s important to remain vigilant and adhere to the following safety tips:
Watch these short videos to learn more about the Coronavirus, safety precautions to take, smart hygiene habits and more.
Remember to bookmark this page to view important updates.« Back to Home